Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] Christopher@REMOVEbundy.co.uk is offline

Default Felt on shed roof woes

Some time ago the cap sheet of felt on my shed roof blew off . I
replaced it , and stuck and nailed it down.

The shed has three strips of felt, one on each side starting at the
bottom and a cap sheet going over the ridge and then over the top edge
of the two lower strips .

Now one of the two lower side strips has blown off. I'm not sure what
to do to get a water seal on the long edge at the top.

Will just replacing the strip that has blown off be good enough given
that the edge will now be over the cap sheet rather than under it .

Do I have to start again and replace it all ?. I doubt if the cap
sheet will come off or can have its edge raised to put the lower sheet
under it , as I did a good job on it last time.

Its not an easy task as the shed sits on a dyke bank and the strip
that has blown off is on the side nearest the dyke . The ladder access
from that side is difficult and may involve putting the foot of the
ladder into the dyke which is steep sided , 6ft deep and full of water
at present.

Chris