Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default New Grainger catalog

On Feb 8, 12:58*am, David Nebenzahl wrote:
Got a note the other day that there was a parcel for me at the P.O. Went
there and discovered that rather than some nifty-type gift, it was the
latest Grainger catalog.

Unbelievable.

As late in the new online, digital, paperless day as it is, here it is
in all its weighty glory. All 4,434 pages of it! About 8 pounds of dead
trees.

I can't believe this thing costs them any less than $10-15 a unit,
considering all that goes into it: design, compilation, product
photography, prepress, printing, bindery, shipping and postage.

Also a little surprised I got one, since I think I *might* have bought
one little thing from them all last year.

* *To me, the *plonk...* reminds me of the old man at the public hearing
* *who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
* *that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.

Because that 8 pound 4,434 page catalog can be used by personnel
in a building that has lost power and thus has no internet service to
identify and then call around for the parts or equipment they need to
get back up and running...

The new digital age with its on-line paperless wonders really craps
out during power failures and ISP issues where service is interrupted,
but the old tech printed catalog can be read by flashlight if need be
and used to seek out the magical gizmos to make the kingdom whole
again...

~~ Evan