Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Buying a used air compressor: tips?

On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 16:55:13 -0800, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

bud-- wrote:
gfretwell wrote "if it is 120v it will not be more than 1HP." He is
right. Yours works because it is not a 3HP motor. Because of past, and
apparently current, fraud about everyone here has said ignore HP
ratings.

Yes, the motor on my compressor is not a 3HP motor, it is a 3HP SPL 15A/115V
motor. That's about 2.3HP Continuous, which is more than the 1HP you and
"gfretwell" claim is the absolute limit for air compressors.

A 100% efficient motor. I want one of them!