Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gs gs is offline

Default Deoxit on "pots"?

On Feb 8, 9:44*am, Chuck wrote:
On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 13:34:05 +0000 (UTC), "Geoffrey S. Mendelson"

wrote:
On another list we have been discussing using Caig DeOxit on pots (e.g.
Volume, balance, etc controls).

Caig has another product called "Fader Lube", which I assume is designed
for such a use.

The question I have is has anyone used the regular DeOxit on such controls
and the results? A web search yielded many hits of people using DeOxit and
having good results, and even a YouTube videos of it.

It's hard to tell from the postings, and the videos, how many the people
posting have done. Some of them are obviously people who have done
one or two, and others are not. I'm interested in hearing long term
experience.

Thanks in advance,

Geoff.

In rare cases, deoxit will cause the slidepots to slightly bind so I
use *Fader Lube on them and deoxit on rotating pots. *Chuck

Its easy to screw up sliders. i have used white grease and heavy duty
silicon oil to relube just the metal rails.
There used to be a spray white grease product for pots. I'm NOT
talking about Blue Stuff.

greg