Posted to uk.d-i-y
BartC BartC is offline

Default Cost of building Porch

"Wesley" wrote in message
o.uk...

"john reeves" wrote in message

http://tinypic.com/r/2yzkkjt/7

On speaking to the builder I asked what he would charge to build one, he
said £6,700. He said the door alone cost £700.

I think the builder was taking the p*ss. There is no way a construction
like that could cost £6,700! You can pick up a DG UPC front door for less
than £400 http://tiny.cc/5rmz1 and the windows would cost less. If you
were to use single glazed door and windows it would be even less. Do you
really need double glazing on a porch?

That's what I thought. If it's not heated, and the main door is already
double-glazed, then any sort of door will do. The same goes for the windows.

And would the outer door be locked? If not, and the inner door is the main
one, it could be even cheaper.

--
Bartc