Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Strain relief for electrical cord on old appliance?

You said "it still shorts out". So, tell me. Aside from the
metal cutting the wire and making connection between, how
would it "still short out"?

Please describe one of the "shorts out" and tell us all how
that happens?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Prof Wonmug" wrote in message
On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 08:30:56 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Will an Underwriters Knot help keep the metal case from
wearing through the insullation and shorting out the wires?
Methinks thou hast misunderstood the question.

I also didn't say anything about the case wearing through
the
insulation. Methinks thou hast spent too much time reading
your Book
of Moron and not enough reading posts carefully.