Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Snowblower engine needs choke to run smoothly

As a refrigeration repair guy. I've actually had this
conversation:

Customer: This one needs six pounds of freon, and this one
needs eight pounds.
Me: Well, lets check things out. See what's going on in
there.
Customer: Just add the freon like I said.
Me: The system holds two pounds at best. I couldn't fit six
pounds in, if I tried.
Customer: The last guy added six pounds.
Me: (goes to van, gets catalog) the receiver on this unit
holds 1.3 pounds, the rest of the system wouldn't hold more
than a couple ounces.
Customer: Well, you gonna add the freon or not?

I found the system loaded with air, but he wouldn't let me
pump it out and vacuum out the air. Just wanted me to add
six pounds to this one, and eight pounds to the other one.
The freezer I'd worked on the day before had bad piston, on
two cylinder compressor. But he wouldn't hear of a
compressor replacement. Just wanted more pounds of freon.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

On 2011-02-08, LSMFT wrote:

Thank the EPA for taking away our adjusting screws.
Everything is built
for morons these days.

It's the larger market share.

Worse than "morons" are the "I'm right" morons, those morons
who are
positive they have the problem figured and nothing will
dissuade them.
When I was a motorcycle mechanic, use to get those types
coming in all
the time.

"It's the carburetor!"
"Well, in the case of a 2-stroke...."
"It's the carburetor!"
"It's been my experience it could also be...."
"It's the carburetor!"
.....etc

nb