Posted to free.uk.diy.home,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.home.cleaning
Mentalguy2k8 Mentalguy2k8 is offline

Default Pumice removing water chalk deposits

"ransley" wrote in message
On Feb 8, 5:20 am, "john reeves" wrote:
Being in a hard water area the u-bend of the WC bowl gets a coating of
chalk
deposited from the water.

Pumice Stone seems to scrape it off quite well without damaging the glaze
of
the chinaware.

Is there a good way that anybody has found to attach pumice to something
enable it to reach right into the bend?

Pumice will damage the ceramic, use an acid made to remove lime scale

Agreed, my old house had the same problem but I found that anything abrasive
enough to remove the scale was damaging the ceramic, too. I think it
actually looked better before I "cleaned" it, even the slightest surface
marks quadruple the chances of scale and other stuff sticking to it.