Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 5" ROS choices?

On 08 Feb 2011 14:13:51 GMT, Han wrote:

"Leon" wrote in
m:

"Han" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in
:

Snip

Would you buy from the closest store (brick and mortar) to where you
live or an on-line store more dedicated to Festool?

I would absolutely buy locally if they had what I wanted. There is no
advantage to buying from any other location, online or otherwise other
than availability.

While some don't like the idea of Festool dictating pricing I prefer
that every one charges the same price so that you know that you are
not paying more than somewhere else.

That's what I would prefer to, Leon. I went to see a "local" hardware
store that has an upper floor with all kinds of demo stuff, including
lots of Festool. Salespeople at Godwin Hardware were very nice and
helpful. It's almost 6 miles away, but we do have roads here in Bergen
county :-)}, and they're even cleared by now. I just have to get over
the stratospheric prices. I'm just a beginning amateur after all ...

You meant thermospheric, didn't you?

(And, Larry, I agree with your statements, but one can make an argument
that at times, the quest for lower prices has lowered all qulaity as
well.)

Are you saying that Festools aren't what they used to be, Han?

I disagree, thinking instead that mass acceptance of ****ty,
quality-free items has lowered the overall quality levels because the
mfgrs know they can get away with it. Had people NOT bought the crap,
it wouldn't now exist, or would be much diminished.

--
Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening
of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences.