Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default 5" ROS choices?

"Leon" wrote in
:

"Han" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in
:

(And, Larry, I agree with your statements, but one can make an
argument that at times, the quest for lower prices has lowered all
qulaity as well.)

One of the problems with not supporting local business even if they
don't offer more to you than the internet is that they help support
your community. If they go out of business or leave your area you no
longer get their tax support and typically a Doller General takes
their place and that is followed by people that think Dollar General
is high priced. And those people typically bring the value of the
neighbor hood down. It becomes a downward spiral and not a great
place to live.

Absolutely right Leon. We had a nice local hardware store. Not as fancy
as Godwin's, but within walking distance. It's gone now. First the
owner was "forced" (I don't know the details) to switch to a larger store
50 or so feet away in the same strip mall, so his old store could become
a Panera's. I am not sure the amount of business warranted the store,
but I went there as often as I could. The owner also had cancer, and
recently died, upon which the store was permanently closed, reinforcing
the impression it was no longer viable.

So now I have to go 6 miles rather than 550 yards ...

--
Best regards
Han