Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
spaco spaco is offline

Default Reversing a small Bodine motor

Right. I have done this a few times. What he's saying is that you need
to reverse the stator, while keeping everything else in the original
alinement. Imagine that you have the motor all apart in front of you,
but with everything in correct alinement. Pick up the stator and turn
it end for end. Now put it all back together.
However, when I have done this, I have had to run some of the wiring on
the outside, adding length as needed, in order to get it connected up
properly. I think that included filing a notch or two for the wires to
exit.

Pete Stanaitis

Ned Simmons wrote:
snip

It can't be reversed by simply rewiring. But, if the stator and
housing are symmetrical, you might be able to take the motor apart and
reassemble it with the shaft sticking out the opposite end.