Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Cost of building Porch

On 08/02/2011 12:03, F Murtz wrote:
john reeves wrote:
Passed by this front porch being built nearby and thought i might try to
build one myself. Its built on a concrete base that comes to near the
level
of the front door.

http://tinypic.com/r/2yzkkjt/7

On speaking to the builder I asked what he would charge to build one, he
said £6,700. He said the door alone cost £700.

My son is always telling me I'm 40 years behind when i put a price on
things, so i'm thinking with such high cost of the door and materials
etc,
that £6,700 might be a reasonable price for such a porch? Or if not what
would be a reasonable price to pay for such a build these days?

What purpose does that porch serve, what use does that space
serve,except for a few minutes on a rainy day.
too small for a study, sewing room,or bedroom, expensive waste of space.

Boots, coats, an extra door between the house and the outside.

Ours (more expensive, a bit larger, quite a lot different in
construction and hence nicer) means the kitchen no longer directly opens
to the outside world. (yes, the kitchen is the first room people come to).