Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default New Grainger catalog

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
Got a note the other day that there was a parcel for me at the P.O. Went
there and discovered that rather than some nifty-type gift, it was the
latest Grainger catalog.

Unbelievable.

As late in the new online, digital, paperless day as it is, here it is in
all its weighty glory. All 4,434 pages of it! About 8 pounds of dead
trees.

I can't believe this thing costs them any less than $10-15 a unit,
considering all that goes into it: design, compilation, product
photography, prepress, printing, bindery, shipping and postage.

Also a little surprised I got one, since I think I *might* have bought one
little thing from them all last year.

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.

Personally, I think that Sears Roebuck would still be a viable business if
they hadn't abandoned their catalog.
I love Graingers. I've been buying from them for around 25 years. I also do
electrical work for the local branch and they've hired me to troubleshoot
problems with electrical equipment bought and installed by others. IMO, THEY
HAVE THE WORST ONLINE CATALOG I'VE EVER SEEN!!!! I can't even find things
that I know are in the catalog. If they ever intend to abandon their paper
catalog, they better get their online act together or they're doomed