Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Cost of building Porch

F Murtz ) wibbled on Tuesday 08 February 2011 12:03:

john reeves wrote:
Passed by this front porch being built nearby and thought i might try to
build one myself. Its built on a concrete base that comes to near the
level of the front door.

http://tinypic.com/r/2yzkkjt/7

On speaking to the builder I asked what he would charge to build one, he
said £6,700. He said the door alone cost £700.

My son is always telling me I'm 40 years behind when i put a price on
things, so i'm thinking with such high cost of the door and materials
etc, that £6,700 might be a reasonable price for such a porch? Or if not
what would be a reasonable price to pay for such a build these days?

What purpose does that porch serve, what use does that space
serve,except for a few minutes on a rainy day.
too small for a study, sewing room,or bedroom, expensive waste of space.

Frees up other space that is otherwise filled with boots and coats.

Good place to remove muddly footware and keep the house clean.

Somewhere for the deilvery bloke to leave a package without it getting
rained on.

I could go on...

--
Tim Watts