Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fred Fred is offline

Default surges slowly destroying

mm wrote in
:

What I don't understand: If I put it on pause for 20 minutes, it
starts up again right where it left off, in the middle of a song. It
continues wihtout a jerk, and I don't think it's playing just what was
in my my buffer. Also, when I first start it, it always begins at the
start of a song. Plus I don't use it, but it has the ability to skip
a song or more. It's as if I have my own personal stream, instead of
just listneing to what it sends everyone else who is on that channel.

How can that be? Doesn't this take many times more processes
running and more cpu's to run them all? And many times more RAM for
many times more output buffers?

It's a server, not a live station.

Give this one a try:
http://www.radiosure.com/
Download/install for Windows (only I think)
It's safe....no spyware, adware, crapware.

Stations found: 17664 on the webpage list tonight.
You can probably find something to listen to without the damned car ads
on US AM stations. They never learn.....too bad. I miss real AM on my
1939 Motorola "D" 4-tube portable. At night, it's big loopstick picks up
Cuba and Central America on AM. Every part in it, except batteries no
longer available is ORIGINAL! Its only fault was the glue holding the
4" speaker cone in place disintegrated. I fixed the speaker and added a
mini stereo cable to the voicecoil using two 5 ohm resistors, one to each
channel so both channels will play through the radio's original speakers.

The screws in the back had holed the cardboard back so I added two
cabinet magnet latches to get inside and keep the flat loop in place when
it was carried. A friend with a leather shop made me a new handle.

An old Archos Studio 20 hard drive MP3 player was resurrected and filled
with OTR and 1930-40 big band music. With the radio actually off, a
little IC amp board from an old Radio Shack computer speaker powers the
speaker from some nimh cells in a holder. Plug that amp into the MP3
player and slide it in over the homemade battery packs that really power
the radio on AM and the radio plays the same AM stations it did in 1939,
not the noise and hate on AM radio today.

Set on any diner booth table, it attracts lots of fans who want to hear
The Green Hornet or Amos N Andy or the 1930's recordings of the World
Series baseball games.....like would have been on a diner radio before
WW2.

HI HO SILVER, AWAY!