Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default key ring where to buy?

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 08:57:11 -0800 (PST), N8N
wrote:

86805T39
Zinc-Plated Steel Split Ring, 1.159" ID
In stock at $8.61 per Pack
This product is sold in Packs of 25

the pic shows the kind I don't like, the heavier gauge wire with only
2 turns, that tend to get "sprung" easily

OTOH *how about a spare for the mechanic?

might just have to ask him next time I take car in, but the ones they
use are pretty small in diameter unlike a "normal" key ring of 1" or
1.25" or so

I know they exist as I have *one* but it came with car

So buy another car.

I've been using the ones you don't like for 50 years and I've never
had one come close to springing. Just stop putting big coins with
holes in the middle on them and use them for keys only.

nate