Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default key ring where to buy?

On Feb 7, 6:22*am, N8N wrote:
Hello all...

was frustrated recently by a key ring and realized that I'd been
meaning to ask for a while where one should buy them. *Of course, the
obvious answer would be "a hardware store" or "a locksmith's shop" but
let me explain...

Every key ring that I have seen offered for sale is pretty much the
same, it's a ring (actually a double ring) of spring steel that you
put your keys on. *However, when I drop my car off at a mechanic's and
they put one of those little tags on my key ring, the ring that they
use to hold the tag is infinitely better. *It's a triple loop of much
smaller spring steel, thus making it easier to get my keys on/off the
ring if I have to, and more importantly, if I have a very large key
that requires that the key ring be sprung open wider than normal (such
as a car key,) it still springs back to normal. *The key and the
remote for my company car are also held together by such a ring.
However I have never seen this kind of ring offered for sale, but I'd
gladly buy 10 or 20 of them if I had.

Anyone know what I'm talking about, and know where I can buy some of
these? *Currently I have one key ring that I have to periodically wrap
with scotch tape so keys don't fall off in my pocket. *It got "sprung"
when I put a 50 yen piece on it (the 5 yen and 50 yen coins have holes
in the middle) for decoration, I know, dumb idea in retrospect. *I'm
sure one of the other kind would have been fine however.

nate

I didnt read your post super carefully (not enough "white
space".....I've got more than a bit of 'ADD')

take a look at these
McMaster.com

86805T39
Zinc-Plated Steel Split Ring, 1.159" ID
In stock at $8.61 per Pack
This product is sold in Packs of 25

OTOH how about a spare for the mechanic?

cheers
Bob