Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Eco - windmills ... (bit OT)

THE EARTH DOES NOT HAVE AN UNLIMITED CARRYING CAPACITY.
We can choose to do something rational about it -- or ignore it.

First, I don't believe we are anywhere close to the "carrying capacity" of
the Earth. Some places are jam packed,others are sparsely populated.

No, we're not close to it. So we're supposed to wait until things get so bad
we no longer have any rational alternatives?

WHAT to "do" about "excess population",and how do "we" determine
HOW MANY people "we" are going to allow for any particular region?
Who gets to be the "we"?
IMO, that's starting to get a bit "Big Brother-ish". It's CREEPY.
I see parallels to Soylent Green.

I agree. That's why I suggested (I think) that everyone, everywhere, be
forced to limit the size of their family to two children.

If people everywhere would start talking about it, we might come to a
consensus, perhaps even without getting government involved. Of course, what
do you do about people who adore children, and want to have huge families?