Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Eco - windmills ... (bit OT)

PeterD wrote in
:

On Sat, 5 Feb 2011 05:29:26 -0800, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

Fact: There are too many people. If population continues to grow
unchecked, "something" will eventually happen to reduce it -- global
war, starvation, economic collapse, perhaps things we haven't
anticipated.

Plague.

THE EARTH DOES NOT HAVE AN UNLIMITED CARRYING CAPACITY.
We can choose to do something rational about it -- or ignore it.

And virtually everyone either ignores this problem, or feels helpless
to do anything.

First,I don't believe we are anywhere close to the "carrying capacity" of
the Earth. Some places are jam packed,others are sparsely populated.

WHAT to "do" about "excess population",and how do "we" determine HOW MANY
people "we" are going to allow for any particular region?
Who gets to be the "we"?
IMO,that's starting to get a bit "Big Brother-ish". It's CREEPY.
I see parallels to Soylent Green.

Most places don't even use good farming techniques,wasting or depleting a
lot of arable land. South America is stripping the rainforests,slash and
burn,for uses the land is not suitable for.
many places around the world still burn wood for cooking and heating.
I saw on "Martin Yan's China"(PBS-TV) where their people outside of the
cities are burning the waste stalks from rice and wheat harvests for their
cooking. so much for "carbon control"....

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik