BigWallop

Default laminate flooring and removing visible damp patches

"Gav" wrote in message
om...
hello all,

I have laminate flooring in my bathroom and have noticed some damp
patches showing round the base of the toilet. Obviously this should
be fixed properly but for now I simply need to "hide" the problem!
The laminate is quite light in colour and the patches relatively dark
- can anyone suggest a purely cosmetic quick fix for this other than
just stretegically placing some plant pots over the patches? I
thought about sanding the floor a bit and varnishing but I dont know
much about DIY and I suspect that the laminate surface cant be
sanded...

Cheers!

Gav

A towel and a hot iron. Place the towel, single layer, over the damp marks
and run the iron over it, keep it on the move but not to quickly, until you
see the brown marks appearing in the towel. The brown marks are not the
towel burning, they're actually the ****y marks coming up from the flooring.
The combination of heat and absorbent material will take most of the marks
and damp away.

Laminate flooring in a bathroom is not a great idea, even if it says
"suitable for bathrooms" on the packet. The flooring needs to be coated
with a clear polyurethane varnish, yacht varnish, to stop moisture getting
into the gaps in the boards.