Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Double Sided Tape measure

"Edward Hennessey" wrote in message
m...

"Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote in message
eb.com...

"Swingman" wrote

And, for some reason when cutting in my shop, I've yet to find a Stanley
12' that does not agree with my TS's tape ... a godsend.

-------------------
I have great affection for an old Stanley tape measure myself.

Yes, it is accurate. But more importantly, it protected me from a table
saw kickback. The piece that was kicked backed was quite sharp and would
have penetrated me like a spear. That old Stanley was on my belt and
took the brunt of the blow. It almost knocked me off my feet.

There is a big scar across the front of that old tape measure. And every
time I put it on my belt, I feel a little more protected. I know, I am
being superstitious. But I am also more aware of safety every time I put
it on. It is a constant reminder.

The Stanley FatMax tape measures with the wide tape that resists the old
kink-bend-and-fall
routine are nice.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

I find that the FatMax tapes tend to tip over when transfering a measurement
to the wood and you let go of the case. The tape is so stiff that when you
push the tape over to make the mark it tilts the case.