Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Homeopathics exposed - Yay!

On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 17:47:05 -0800 (PST), RicodJour
wrote:

On Feb 6, 6:20*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
RicodJour wrote:

A few things, Tony. *I believe you misunderstand what I meant. *I do
not believe that 'western medicine', 'eastern medicine' or
'homeopathic' anything are infallible, but there's some truth in all
of them.

I think you do not grasp the theory behing homeopathy. The theory is that
something akin or affiliated with the malady under treatment, when ingested
in minuscule amounts (I mean REALLY insignificant amounts) will trigger a
bodily response to rehabilitate the diseased organ.

If anyone believes all of homeopathic treatments are a bunch of hooey
(that's a medical term), all they have to do is look at the active in
willow bark, which was used for millennia for pain, and neti pots.
Simple and effective. *People didn't wake up and become smart within
the last century. *People have been smart all along. *Throwing out all
of that smart because some things that they did were proven wrong or
not understood, is, well, stupid.

No, willow bark was ingested in therapeutic amounts. Homeopathic remedies
are ingested in nanogram concentrations. A typical dose is equivalent to
dropping one aspirin tablet in a five hundred gallon tank of water then
asking the patient to place one drop of the resultant mixture under the
tongue.

First off, what is a therapeutic amount? If you mean the minimum
amount that will work, okay, how do you factor in the placebo effect?
That means no amount of aspirin _can_ help you. And I am pretty sure
that a nanogram is infinitely larger than none.

You are familiar with vaccines. A totally minuscule amount is
injected and the body takes over from there. If it works for a
vaccine, will it work for something not injected? Well, the Polio
vaccine can be taken orally, and it's still a minuscule amount. Will
it work with other stuff? I don't know, and neither do you - or
anybody else for that matter. The immune system was around for a fair
bit of time before it was discovered, yet it managed to work just fine
before that.

Saying that you know something without a shadow of a doubt about
something as complex as the human body is simply foolish. If you said
take all of the blood out of a body, or cutoff it's head, and it will
die, or something simple like that, I'd agree with you. But you're
not, so I don't. I'll repeat - I'm saying I don't know and neither
does anybody else.

You continue to defend what even you admit is fraud. What a dummy!

We have just barely gotten started understanding the human body.
Don't pretend we're done.