Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is all harvest gold the same?

On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 21:10:27 -0500, aemeijers wrote:

On 2/5/2011 1:21 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 5 Feb 2011 08:55:20 -0800, "Steve
wrote:

"Caesar wrote in message
On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 08:15:34 -0500,
wrote Re Is all harvest gold the same?:

So what are the odds the colors are the same?

The odds are not good.

But they all look so bad that no one notices anyway. I prefer the turquoise
myself.

Avocado is second.

Our first house did you one better. The fridge was avocado and the stove
harvest gold. Add in the *yellow* (nothing goes with yellow) bathroom
fixtures and it was perfect!

I like yellow bathroom fixtures. Makes me feel like a time traveler. I
know exactly the yellow you are talking about- quite popular for a
couple years, back in the day. I even have a real Ma Bell rotary desk
phone in that shade, out back somewhere.

When the tile tub surround failed (glued to sheetrock) it was almost
impossible to find a tile that looked decent with the yellow fixtures. What
we found was one of the most expensive (Spanish) tiles the tile store
"carried". It was expensive enough that they didn't stock it.