Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser[_3_] Lobby Dosser[_3_] is offline

Default Faceshield

"Bill" wrote in message
Anyone using a full face faceshield like this for any non-lathe
woodworking (to satisfy Lobby, I'm looking for something that will fit in
my dishwasher... ; ) ? Seems like I saw a few people wearing them at
The Woodworking Shows.

I guess there's almost no limit to what you can protect against kickback,
etc. One reviewer who had a lathe throw a log into this mouth, knocking
out a few teeth, swears now by the unit below.

Uvex S8510 Bionic Black Matte Faceshield with Clear Anti-fog Hardcoat
Visor

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

As long as I'm throwing perfectly good money at dishwashers, buying
something like this might help ease my pain. : )

Bill

I wear one, but not as spendy as that. Mine is like this:

http://www.amazon.com/AO-Safety-9002...7063657&sr=1-3

and it has saved my noggin a couple times. I have a couple of them so that I
can have a visitor wear one. All my hits have been off the lathe, but I wear
it for any power tool use.

--
"He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! "
Brian's Mum