Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default JUST A SIMPLE Q...

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 08:19:56 -0800 (PST), RicodJour
wrote:

On Feb 2, 5:38 pm, (Papa Pat) wrote:
Does it hurt or harm a kitchen sink disposal, if you use hot water
when running it? Or should it always be cold water? And why?
Please...t/y

This from Waste King's owner's guide:
" It is not recommended to use hot water while
running disposer. Cold water will keep waste and
fats solid so disposer can flush away particles."

The Insinkerator I installed moons ago warned about overheating the
motor. The motor *is* cooled by the water.

Did the manual say that the motor was cooled by the water, or are you just
guessing.

Did the manual, in fact, say, "always run cool water so the motor won't
overheat," or something similar.

Point is, my table saw motor will get hot, but the manual says nothing about
water - hot OR cold - having any bearing on the motor's temperature.