Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Homeopathics exposed - Yay!

RicodJour wrote:

A few things, Tony. I believe you misunderstand what I meant. I do
not believe that 'western medicine', 'eastern medicine' or
'homeopathic' anything are infallible, but there's some truth in all
of them.

I think you do not grasp the theory behing homeopathy. The theory is that
something akin or affiliated with the malady under treatment, when ingested
in minuscule amounts (I mean REALLY insignificant amounts) will trigger a
bodily response to rehabilitate the diseased organ.

If anyone believes all of homeopathic treatments are a bunch of hooey
(that's a medical term), all they have to do is look at the active in
willow bark, which was used for millennia for pain, and neti pots.
Simple and effective. People didn't wake up and become smart within
the last century. People have been smart all along. Throwing out all
of that smart because some things that they did were proven wrong or
not understood, is, well, stupid.

No, willow bark was ingested in therapeutic amounts. Homeopathic remedies
are ingested in nanogram concentrations. A typical dose is equivalent to
dropping one aspirin tablet in a five hundred gallon tank of water then
asking the patient to place one drop of the resultant mixture under the
tongue.