Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Kenefick Michael Kenefick is offline

Default Jointer motor Part III

Yes, make sure the new motor turns in the same directions as your old
one. Make sure the continues rating is the same as your old one. Make
sure the RPM on the old matches the new one. Make sure the frames are
identical or will you need an adapter. Make sure the old pulley can be
moved to the new one or buy a new one at Tractor Supply while you are
there. Do you need a new belt as well? See if TS has one of those as well.

Mike in Ohio

On 02/06/2011 05:18 PM, wrote:
Thanks for the leads, guys. I'm going to take a look at a 2hp, 3450 RPM
motor for $139 from Tractor Supply. I'll take the old motor with me to
compare spindle and pulley sizes. Any "gotchas"? TS labels this as a
compressor motor.