Rob Stokes

Default Chessman

Tom:

I'd be interested in a running dialog on this project of yours. I made a few
chessboards a while back and am toying with trying to make a set of men..You
could either scare me or encourage me...not sure which way it'll fall right
now g!.

Rob

--

******PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW EMAIL ADDRESS******

Please visit our (recently updated) web site:
http://www.robswoodworking.com

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
I today received a package that I've been waiting for, for six months.

I've always wanted to make my own set of Chessmen and I lacked a good
model to go from.

I'm not gifted enough visually to go on my own and create my own set,
and I've always admired the Staunton Standard, anyways.

Well, today's UPS delivery brought me a much delayed but very nice
surprise.

I've now got a faithful plastic replica of the Staunton Chessmen that
I've always most admired.

Since I now work in an environment where CNC is freely available, I'm
tempted to have the guys work them up in Cocobolo (not really).

I'm posting this because I truly believe that the Staunton plastic men
are a good model for making yer own Chessmen.

Which I intend to start replicating tomorrow morning.

If I have enough kero for the heater to run long enough.

Ya know, the Knights are always the problem, and these plastic Knights
are detailed down to the level of their teeth.

Hot damn !

Now, if I can only remember where I put that Satinwood solid stock ...

...and the Ebony - where in Gosh's name did I put that stash of Ebony?

Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker (ret)
Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
Website: http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1