Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default How much of a toilet's power....

On Feb 6, 8:04*am, Vic Smith wrote:
On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 07:29:21 -0800 (PST), Bob Villa

wrote:
On Feb 6, 9:10*am, Vic Smith wrote:

They didn't hang them high for kicks.

--Vic

I don't think it was a bad idea...just over-kill. I remember those
tanks were open and sometimes you would feel a little spray before
they got any depth of water in them. ^L^

I have a vague recollection of the flush chain hanging down by the
toilet, and getting splashed, but was too young to remember much.
Saw a lot of them over urinals, but never paid attention to how they
flushed.

I like the old fixtures and dark wood like you see in "The Water
Horse".

Didn't see that. *I used to like rich wood grain more, but not stained
too dark.
Think what changed my view is taking down the beautiful 4-piece crown
in my last house to refinish it.
PITA, and that 50 year old oak was light as balsa, or almost.
50 years had really dried it up. *Just changed my view.
Might be my eyesight. *Like to keep rooms light colored.
Still put new oak crown up in this house and had the oak floors
refinished, so I do like wood. *All "golden oak."
Don't like it around water though. *There's better materials, and they
look good enough.
When I lived summers with my grandfolks the toilet was all wood.
Outhouse. *Double-seater.
Never had a partner when there though.
Maybe grand dad put 2 seats in so if you had to go bad you had an
option if one seat was occupied by spiders and their webs.
I suppose a double makes since, just never saw 2 people using an
outhouse at the same time.

--Vic

I certainly did as a kid, Mama/Daddy escorted kids being toilet
trained, ones scared of the dark, etc. No grownup double occupancy
that I recall though.

Harry K