Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default How much of a toilet's power....

On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 07:29:21 -0800 (PST), Bob Villa
wrote:

On Feb 6, 9:10Â*am, Vic Smith wrote:

They didn't hang them high for kicks.

--Vic

I don't think it was a bad idea...just over-kill. I remember those
tanks were open and sometimes you would feel a little spray before
they got any depth of water in them. ^L^

I have a vague recollection of the flush chain hanging down by the
toilet, and getting splashed, but was too young to remember much.
Saw a lot of them over urinals, but never paid attention to how they
flushed.

I like the old fixtures and dark wood like you see in "The Water
Horse".

Didn't see that. I used to like rich wood grain more, but not stained
too dark.
Think what changed my view is taking down the beautiful 4-piece crown
in my last house to refinish it.
PITA, and that 50 year old oak was light as balsa, or almost.
50 years had really dried it up. Just changed my view.
Might be my eyesight. Like to keep rooms light colored.
Still put new oak crown up in this house and had the oak floors
refinished, so I do like wood. All "golden oak."
Don't like it around water though. There's better materials, and they
look good enough.
When I lived summers with my grandfolks the toilet was all wood.
Outhouse. Double-seater.
Never had a partner when there though.
Maybe grand dad put 2 seats in so if you had to go bad you had an
option if one seat was occupied by spiders and their webs.
I suppose a double makes since, just never saw 2 people using an
outhouse at the same time.

--Vic