Posted to uk.d-i-y
andrew andrew is offline

Default birds nests inside soffits

Tim Lamb wrote:

We are allowed to trim hedges up until Feb. 15th.

Yes and most ecological requirements on felling sites allow felling till
March 15 and then again from August. Generally they don't stop extraction
and other activities which are actually more damaging to nesting birds (
not many threatened species nest in tress as opposed to using holes,
undergrowth, brash, scrapes etc.

I have even been on a heathland SSSI mulching in August, sanctioned by
Natural England, and seen nightjar on the ground. These machines do serious
damage.

The thing about the 81 act and it's reinforcement Crow 2000 is that it
protects any nesting bird from disturbance. Pigeons breed year round and
blackbirds often have young in February.

AJH