Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default How much of a toilet's power....

On Sat, 5 Feb 2011 22:35:22 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

Bob Villa wrote:

We not taking about depth of water in the tank...the question was the
6 ft high tanks adding some great amount of pressure to the flush.

Can there really be any doubt? Certainly it would double or triple the pressure
at the start of the flush.

Close enough.

According to the chart below, 2.31 feet of water is 1 psi.
That's a bit more than the height of a modern toilet tank off the
bowl.

At 6.93 feet the psi is 3.
That's also a bit more than the height off the bowl for the old high
wall tanks.

http://www.accontrols.com/documents/...toFeetHead.pdf

As Jeff has said, better design has brought the tank down.
They still sell the high tank toilets.
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/oldtoilet.html

I wonder if the bowl design is different.

--Vic