Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Is it harder to drill holes in metal when the metal is cold?

On Fri, 04 Feb 2011 12:53:31 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

One thing I do recommend when drilling small diameter holes with a hand
held drill, is to use the short jobber length bits. You can pick them up
at most industrial suppliers in packs of 10 or I believe Harbor Freight
has them too. The 1/8 bits are 1-1/2 to 2 inches long and less
likely to break in a hand held drill. I use the titanium nitride coated
bits, they're gold in color.

Good to know. Thanks. I was at HFreight yesterday, but may be there
again in two weeks.

I did find the part I need, but the immediate need for the trailer
faded today when I didn't bid on the furnace and someone else did with
9 seconds left. I thought he would have to relist it. I don't know
if I wanted it or not, but I'm still depressed.

TDD