Micro*

Default Table Saw Rust

"BeeFarmer" wrote in message
Just wanted to pop in here and ask a question about rust on my table saw.

have a shop that I don't heat unless I am in there and using it. I

figure
that the heat I build up while I am in there probably doesn't help when I
leave at the end of the day and it gets down to freezing. I at one time
would cover the saw with a tarp but now think this might not help as the
heat is trapped and causing condensation. So for now I have sprayed WD40
all over in hopes that it doesn't get too rusty. FYI for the last couple
of years in spring I have to use steel wool and WD40 to clean off the
surface rust...

Any suggestions to keep the rust of is appreciated.

--

OhioBeeFarmer
Getting kids involved in Beekeeping

Hi,
Had an uncle that did that, favorite candy as a kid was chewing on the the
part of the comb that he cut off before he put the frames in the extractor,
grew up thinking all candy was supposed to have bee parts in it. :-Q
Being cheap, I keep a plastic bottle half full of paint thinner(mineral
spirits) in which I've dissolved a chunk of parrifin, squirt some on a rag
and wipe the table down, let dry and buff lightly, if you're not going to
use it for awhile just apply a heavy coat and let dry, don't buff till
you're ready to use it. works for me.

--
"Shut up and keep diggen"
Jerry