Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Eco - windmills ... (bit OT)

William Sommerwerck wrote:
"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 10:45:42 -0800, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

It doesn't matter whether or
not the rise in CO2 is the cause of warming.

Sure it does. No problem can be solved without first finding at least
one culprit to blame. Once the causes/culprits/conspirators/etc are
identified, we can then move forward towards a solution.
Unfortunately, most of the energy "solutions" offered are variations
on either austerity programs, genocide, redistribution of wealth, or
indirect self-enrichment.

Nobody has an easy answer to the energy problem that will scale well
and satisfy everyone's requirements. That means that the status quo
will remain until the day we run out of oil.

Which is what the oil companies want. Why should we give into them, when
there /are/ solutions?

You know, all oil companies are publicly owned, which means if you want
to be heard by them you need to only buy stock in the company. All
companies are required to make a profit - but oil (or any company) can
be directed by the shareholders on how that profit is generated.

Note that I do not hold any shares in any oil companies that I am aware
of - no prospectus is mailed to me each year from my mutual fund
management company - but I am thinking of buying a few shares so I have
a voice there...you only need one share after all!

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com