Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Looking for a motor source

wrote:
I've posted a couple times recently about the death of my jointer
motor. The jointer is a nice Jet 6 inch built in the 70s. I think I
paid about $150 for it and use it about a half dozen times a year. Watching CL
for a comparable replacement, but also looking for a
source for 3/4 hp replacement motor. Jet was $236 for theirs plus
shipping.
So ... any recommended sources for a rebuilt motor?

I'd keep my eye on local craigslist "free" postings and freecycle for a freebie
belt drive table saw. Or, even post a "wanted" on freecycle for my area.