Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Double Sided Tape measure

The point is simply use one for a job.
Front to back should be the same - machine made.

I have a different type - metric and Imperial both on top and left
and right sides.

Nice when I have to measure metric.

Martin

On 2/5/2011 7:55 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/4/2011 11:30 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
Saw something neat at Home Depot tonight. A double sided tape measure.
Not only were the measurements printed on both sides, but the hook at the
end was doubled sided as well. There are times when doing things
"backwards" is the easier way.

Did you buy one? Would be interesting to check its accuracy from side to
side.

Envisioning the manufacturing process (both sides being imprinted at the
same time?) it may well be identical (otherwise, it could cause nothing
but misery trying to get parts that would result in "square" if both
sides were used on the same project).

Finding two tape measures that agree has always been problematic IME,
but what I really want a shop tape measure to do is agree with the tape
on my table saw.

So far, Stanley 12' are the only ones I've found to be consistent in
that regard for my use.

If you spring for one, let us know how that works out.

Thanks ...