Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How much of a toilet's power....

On Feb 5, 10:41*am, Bob Villa wrote:
On Feb 4, 4:56*pm, " wrote:

On Feb 4, 5:44*pm, Bob Villa wrote:

On Feb 4, 4:33*pm, " wrote:

On Feb 4, 2:22*pm, Steve Barker wrote:

On 2/3/2011 8:24 AM, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

....comes from the water stored in the tank, vs the incoming water pressure?
I'm referring to an old style toilet, not some dubious low flush
annoy-o-lator.

the incoming water has NO effect on the flush in a convention tank type
toilet. *you can turn the incoming valve off and still get the same result.

--
Steve Barker

NOT TRUE, the water going into the dip tube helps create the wave that
flushes the bowl.

You mean the over-flow tube...try turning off the supply and see how
much difference it makes. It's just a rinse of the bowl as long as the
water is filling.- Hide quoted text -

wrong, try relocating the dip tube feed water for awhile...... into
the tank

solids wouldnt flush as well and the bowl water will tend to just
swirl around.....

thats why clogged bowl rim water causes fushing troubles.

the extra bowl rim water actually causes a bit of a wave helping the
flush.

a buddy of mine says i am a toiliteer. a degree in toilets

I have yet to find a diagram that calls anything a "dip tube".

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6...gram05264.jpg- Hide quoted text -

overflow tube and fill tube........

around here its called a dip tube