Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Zrubek Scott Zrubek is offline

Default Backing board for a bulletin board?

In article ,
Scott Zrubek wrote:

In article ,
tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com wrote:

That's easy.
Pickup homosote.

On 1/31/2011 6:05 PM, Scott Zrubek wrote:
I'm trying to create a cork bulletin board for my cube, but having
trouble with ideas for the solid backing for the cork. My first attempt
was to have two layers of 3/16" cork over hardboard. The thumbtacks
don't stick into the hardboard. I went around the BigBox today and
couldn't find any materials that would accept a thumbtack.

Anyone got ideas? I'm not married to cork as a material.

Aha! Thanks!

Now to find someone who carries it in town.

They make a couple of nice, specific products: Nova Cork and a Burlap
board. Both of which run about $150/sheet. If they have to special
order one board from Dallas, shipping is about $170.

I hope someone in town carries it, or I'll just try plain old homasote.