Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Trace heating

In message
,
Part timer writes
Tim Lamb: by "unaffordable" what do you mean? I'm prepared to throw
£50+ at my problem this year so I have cold water to feed the hot
water system when (not if) the weather turns nasty like it was in

Your money:-)

My problem is isolated standpipes as well as plastic pipe runs through
agricultural buildings. Consequential damage is not the issue for me.
Just the inconvenience of no water. I knew roughly the cost of self
regulating cable but assumed that a fixed length of under soil would be
cheaper.

December. I've briefly looked at soil warming cables and they cost
similar per metre.

I'll look again later.

cynic (2nd post): your explanation is as I understand how they work.

regards

--
Tim Lamb