Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Bad Tenants

Robert Green wrote:

Repeat that over and over: "I shot to stop the attack... I shot to
stop the attack..."

The one time I was cornered (but unarmed) I shouted out (to the
neighbors looking out their windows) "I have no avenue of retreat and
have no choice but to use deadly force" as I reached into my (empty)
jacket where a shoulder rig would be. Did the trick.

It's regrettable that you live in a jurisdiction that mandates retreat.

Pressure your legislators for a true "Castle Doctrine" statute that
incorporates a "stand your ground" provision. In our last legislative
session here in Texas such a statute was incorporated. It says that you may
use deadly force to repel an attack, without retreating, at any place you
have a right to be: in your home or place of business, on the street, at a
movie, riding a bus, anywhere.

The following states have "No duty to retreat" statutes:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana,
Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi,
Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode
Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah.