Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Bad Tenants

Robert Green wrote:

Your points are all excellent.

I carry two guns. In addition to my regular concealed gun (a CZ-82),

I say now, ain't that a commie gun, son? (-:

Yes. And a most excellent gun for killing Communists (they like to get up
close, as in "in your face").

I have a fold-up .22, five-shot, single action revolver

I've never seen a folding revolver. Got any pix?

Sure. Look he
http://www.naaminis.com/lrifle.html

The folding grip I have doesn't have the clip to attach to your belt, but
otherwise similar.

Same thing happened with the Beretta, but never with the Glock or the
Browning HP. They're both hefty enough to keep big hands like mine
away from rapidly moving pistol slides.

Heh! At the range three weeks ago, my Glock 19 fired out of battery. Blew
the **** out of both sides of the weapon!

Glock says they'll fix/replace the gun under their lifetime warranty. I've
had it with guns made of Bakelite. Soon as this one gets fixed, I'm trading
it for about a dozen CZ-82s.

Search for "Glock+Kaboom" and you'll get, oh, 26,000 results. Here's the
search with pictures:
http://www.google.com/search?q=glock...rlz=1I7GGLL_en

And no, I didn't get hurt. My current squeeze was firing the weapon, but
thanks for your concern.

The only thing bad about BUGs is that you can almost never count on
them to work through intimidation alone. Racking the slide back on
my .25 makes less noise than flipping a Zippo lighter. The Browning
HP has a much more authorative "snap" to it.

Why would you be racking the slide on a pistol? That's pure Hollywood.

Maybe next Christmas if I can convice SWMBO that we need another gun.
That's gonna be a hard sell, even though she's a retired Army colonel.
She's a crack shot with a .45 but it's just a qualification thing
with her, not a passion. There's clearly a gender component to gun
love. (-:

Love, possibly. Practicality can make a difference though. My current
squeeze is a mental health diagnostician at a psychiatric hospital and works
the 4:00 p.m. to midnight shift. It didn't take much convincing that a CHL
was in her best interests.

In fact, she's going for the mandatory class and range qualifications today.
With two master's degrees, she won't have any trouble with the classroom
part. Earlier in the week she shot a 225 out of a possible 250 on a
qualification simulation.*

--------
* This is not a particularily outstanding score. Our BUG matches often
include shooting the course blindfolded! 200+ is typical - out of 50 shots,
20 are at SEVEN FEET against a man-sized target (20 shots are at 75 feet,
but we usually turn the targets around inasmuch as your typical bad guy, at
that distance, is running away).

And yes, in Texas, you can use deadly force against a squint, mope, 'roided
up primate, or any other malefactor who is departing the scene at high
speed.