Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Magnabend

James Waldby wrote:

(...)

Suppose you wanted about 20 layers of wire. Get 20 rolls of wire,
and run a flat layer of 20 at once, weaving in and out from left end
to right end of stack of cores, then back from right end to left end,
etc. Probably not easy to do automatically or well.

It'd make a toroid winder look like a yo-yo in comparison.

As Pentagrid mentioned, it'd be 'way simpler and more effective
to lose the MOTEs and create a long E core with a rectangular
winding. Additionally, I think C cores on the ends would be
beneficial, as we see in the Magnabend literature.

Now where did I leave that slab of silicon steel?

--Winston