Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Microwave temperatures, Browninig Plate, Harmful???

On Feb 3, 12:29*pm, mike wrote:
Art Todesco wrote:

Is it so hard to believe that some manufacturers have found a
better way to design a microwave?

==
Panasonic has the new system as you describe and it is a far better
way than the old on off cycle way. I am tempted to buy one of the new
ones but my twenty five year old Toshiba still works. Maybe next year..

Good to see I'm not imagining things. * I looked into it more and
Panasonic calls it their "inverter technology" and does say it
delivers constant power instead of pulsing....

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-e...me-Appliances/....

That's really nice, I wish mine had that. *I know some manufacturer did
this a bunch of years ago, but it then seemed to disappear. *I think the
technology back then was too expensive and the bean counters probably
killed it in favor of the on/off cycling, which is probably free once
you have the microprocessor already.

When I researched it, a common complaint was, "My old microwave
was still working after 20 years...the new Panasonic died after 2 years."- Hide quoted text -

Interesting point. Mine is about 4 years old now. A few months ago
noticed that it's power output seems to have decreased a bit. Before
when I put a mug of coffee in it to warm it up for one minute it came
out more than hot enough. Now at 1 min, it's not hot enough, so I
have to go to about 80 secs. It's been that way for a few months now
and is otherwise working fine. But it may be the first signs of it's
decline.... Good thing is at least they don't cost what they did 20
years
ago. And I'd suspect all microwaves, like most things, don't last as
long today anyway.