Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default tambour doors. How to?

On 2/3/2011 10:13 PM, Upscale wrote:
wrote in message
While both can have their frustrating installation issues, my experience
is there is far less mechanical frustration down the road with a
traditional tambour installation ... although tambour may be just a bit
more involved upfront, it is the kind of involvement that requires common
woodworking skills (routing, ect), not mechanical skills.

I'm conflicted here. Tambour doors can look good, but he's dealing with a
large TV.Considering the TV size, tambour slats can warp, look
uneven or just appear overwhelming in appearance.

Tell that to my old 60" wide rolltop desk. As far as warping, if pigs
had wings ... large doors will warp sooner than pigs can fly, maybe.

As far as "can look good" ... beauty, as always, is in the eye of the
beholder.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010