Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default F-connector installation tool for RG-6 quad shield?

Hi all

bought a roll of quad shield a while ago and still have a good bit left.
Still find myself occasionally needing to make up a cable. Connectors
are damn near impossible to install on this stuff; I had a tool that
looked like a blue handled screwdriver but where the tip would be was a
male thread to hold the f-connector; in the handle there was a little
baloney cut piece of tube to help open up the cable around the shield
prior to pushing in the connector. It's apparently in a very safe
place, meaning that the only way I'm ever going to find it is to buy
another one and then it'll magically appear.

Problem is, I know I didn't buy it locally, I couldn't find anything
like it. I must have ordered it online, but I can't remember where, nor
is a quick search turning up anything. Anyone know what I'm talking
about and know where I can get one? Is there another style of tool that
will do the same job only better?

thanks

nate

--