Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Artemus[_4_] Artemus[_4_] is offline

Default What's it called

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 16:44:40 -0800, "Artemus"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in

message
.. .
I used to have a little bottle of some clear fluid, that would flow
into the cracks of polystyrene and similar plastics and "weld" the
crack.

I can't find it anywhere by surfing.

With the pansies in power it's probably illegal now :-)

Finally heard a good explanation of global warming... it's caused by
the intense flow-rate of money from the wallets of the ignorant into
Al Gore's pockets.

...Jim Thompson

I got this http://www.craftics.net/ShowItems.aspx?Category=130
(go down to Product #: 1106002-ret)
at my local Ace HW. It works great on styrene, Plexiglas, and
other clear mystery plastics that I've tried it on. I use a fine glass
pipette to apply it to the joint but the bottles on that web page
would probably work better.
Art

Thanks, that's IT!

What was it called at ACE? I have one less than a mile away. But
surfing shows nothing. Of course it's a toss-up who has the worst
website, ACE or Lowe's ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I don't recall what the packaging looked like but the bottle is as shown
on the Craftics site. Words on the glass bottle are "Craftics Plastick(sic)
Acrylic Solvent Cement" with the 1106002 number on the reverse.
Art