Posted to alt.home.repair
Steven L.[_2_] Steven L.[_2_] is offline

Default Bad Tenants

"Robert Green" wrote in message
:

We've been thinking of renting our current home rather than selling in this
down market while we rent in some of the places we're thinking of retiring
to.

How about a "rental with option to buy"?

A young couple may want to buy a home, but first they want to see if
they can make a living. So rent the home to them, and give the couple
the option to buy it out from you at some future point.

That type of couple is liable to be more motivated in preserving the
property for future purchase than a renter who plans to just pack and
leave in a year or two.

-- Steven L.