Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default OT SUV must have hard top??

On 2/3/2011 5:13 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 21:57:03 +0000 (UTC), ShadowTek

On 2011-02-03, wrote:
U-haul says for ttrailer rental:

Must be equipped with a hard top if it is an SUV or Jeep. U-Haul does
not allow any type of sport-utility vehicle not equipped with a hard
top to tow U-Haul equipment.

How come?

Maybe they want to avoid being sued in the event of an accident where
the trailer gets smashed into the vehicle and mushes somebody?

Just a guess.

More likely in case the trailer starts to swing and flips the whole
rig - SUV's being generally higher than cars, more likely to flip.

And I think we have a winner here. Most SUVs of the traditional sort
have such a high CG and short wheelbase, that 'tail wagging the dog' is
pretty common for experienced tow drivers, much less clueless newbies
making their first long-haul pull.

--
aem sends...