Posted to alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.repair
John Keiser John Keiser is offline

Default motherboard pwr_on pins resistance?

I modified the "crush" method: I snipped a test cap in half with wire
snips. The bottom half then pulls right off the internal connectors,
leaving two nice pegs for a tack solder.
Access could be an issue for this method, but very easy if there is room.

"Baron" wrote in message
John Keiser Inscribed thus:

I have practiced removing caps on old MB's and I find it not so easy.
I like this idea a lot and will give it a try.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Shush don't tell anyone, the secret is to preheat that area of the
board before you use the solder sucker... ;-)

Having said that some boards have so little clearance in the hole around
the pins that the crushing trick is the only way to free the pin so
that it will come out when heated from the underside, with the
soldering iron.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.